On 4.20, Hippie Blood Will Trickle Down.
Move Over Jason, Look Out Freddie. HEEERE’S RONNIE!
Sex, Drugs, and Rock’N’Ronnie!
Courteney Cox as: Cynthia
Release Date: 13 October 2006 (USA)
• It rained so much during filming of The Tripper that director David Arquette, at the wrap party, gave each cast and crew member a personalized poncho. In fact, one of the few days it DIDN’T rain was when they shot the rain scenes. They had to make rain for these scenes.
• David Arquette went on a nationwide tour of U.S. cities, with the help of myspace.com, to promote the film.
• When David Arquette did a panel for this film at the 2006 San Diego Comic-Con International, the footage he wanted to show was missing. He offered a reward of a car that was used in the movie for the return of the footage.
• David Arquette stated during his bus tour that he came up with the idea for the film during a Reggae party held outside, where he envisioned a murderer “coming out of the woods and slashing up all the hippies.” The idea eventually led to The Tripper.
• The film was originally going to be a part of After Dark Production’s “8 Films to Die For,” but Arquette wanted the film to be released in theaters and on April 20th (4/20), so they respectfully parted ways.
• Arquette has said that despite political elements, his intention was never to further an agenda but to just make a “fun” movie.
• David Arquette, the director, showed up for a screening of this film in a fake-blood-spattered suit.
• Its title in Germany is “President Evil”..